From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 10:11:46 -0400
About baby gates: If you cover the ferret side of the gate with
cardboard or plexiglas, attached securely of course, it can't be
climbed and your ferret's head can't get stuck in any holes.

For Jeremy, about Fidget, who's begun to go beside his litter box:
Have you tried putting a crumpled towel next to the pan?

To Fuzzie:  No, ferrets don't get sick as much as it seems from
reading this list.  It's just that people know this is a good place to
get authoritative information.  Besides, many list members house five,
eight, or even forty ferrets, which gives a lot of chances for one of
them to have a problem worth asking about.

For Anon who asked about litter pans for gym bags and other things:
In our travel bag, we use a Rubbermaid plastic storage pan, about 6 X 9
inches and 4 inches high; we cut a two-inch doorway in one side.  It's
marked to be used for bread or ice cream, and we got it at Kmart. :)

Your ferret should stop growing when he's around 6 months old.  3
pounds would be pretty typical; 2.25 pounds is on the smallish side,
but nothing to worry baout.

- Pam Greene, Rusty Spaghettieater, and Pixxel Digger-of-Mousepads
FerretCentral <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/central.html>