Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:31:00 EDT
Hello there to the Ferret Community,
I am asking for your help for a dear friend of mine and some of ya'lls
and the ferrets -- I have been to her home and it is kept very nice!
The ferrets have their own rooms and it is great! I wish we could all
have set ups like hers! I am asking/begging for ya'll's help for her as
her fight may be "just for her" in the area but in reality it is for
everyone that has ferrets and for every rescue and shelter. Please help
Debi and Keith and the ferrets! I have posted info and requests from
Debi below. Please open your hearts and help somehow! Even if it is
just a few dollars every bit helps! If I didn't believe that they had
the ferrets interest in mind and that their ferrets were not being
taken care of properly, I would not be asking, but I have seen it first
hand and their animals all come first! So please open your hearts to
help the fight for the ferrets as it could affect ferrets everywhere
one day! This fight has been going on long enough and now it is
starting all over again -- so let's all pull together and help it to be
over with and to win the fight! I don't ever ask anyone for anything
but maybe a prayer - but now I am asking! Please read the info below --
I know it may be long, but it tells you what is happening and how YOU
can help! Please HELP the ferrets!!!!!

Thank you so much,
Nancy Sevier
Louisiana

The Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue located in Phillipsburg, NJ owned and
run by Debi and Keith Sadowski are in the process of trying to
save/keep their Rescue.

The information below is provided by Debi Sadowski in order to give
everyone a better understanding of just what has and is occurring.

From Debi:

I just spoke with my attorney about the fight with our town, so that
we are able to keep our rescue.

Since it has taken too long for the town to file their papers with
the court, the original judge has now moved and is presiding in a
differentl county. The original judge had ruled in our favor and was
only waiting for the town to send in their NEW resolution and my case
was considered CLOSED.

The town finally sent in the resolution papers. (AFTER ONE YEAR & 2
MONTHS). Since the last court date in 2006 when the judge handed down
his decision, the judge has moved to Somerset County and is now a
Family court judge.

In order to have this judge hear our case again, we have to start all
over from square one and fie NEW papers. No problem right? WRONG! We
now have to come up with ANOTHER $3000-$4000 to start our fight over,
which we DO NOT HAVE! Even IF I agree to shut down my rescue, the town
will most likely try to have me GET RID OF my own 60 ferrets.

Here is a newspaper article that was written  in 2006 about this situation
that will give some insight about our fight  with my town over my rescue.on WHY
we have to start the fight all over  again.

<http://www.ferretlife.com/p_burg_woman_vows_fight_to_keep_ferret_rescue_going.html>

( Guys, I do not know how to fix the link that all you have to do is
click on it - I had to cut and paste)

Anyone able to send a donation for our legal fund should include a note
that the money is to benefit " Fuzzy Loving Ferret RESCUE's Legal Fund"
- Debra & Keith Sadowski..

Attorneys mailing  address:

William Strazza, Esq.
407 Schooley's Mountain  Road
Hackettstown, New Jersey  07840

I would like people to e-mail their name and the amount donated and
sent to Mr. Strazza, as I want to personally send out THANK YOU notes.
My email address is:
[log in to unmask]   or

You may check the legality of this rescue by contacting the NJ Division
of Fish & Wildlife "Exotic & Nongame Wildlife Species Permit Unit" at
(908) 735-5450 and the permit number for Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue is
PS 28211.

We have given everything humanly possible to these ferret and want to
be able to continue to do so for many years to come. Anyone that has
been to our Rescue can attest to the condition and care of the ferrets,
even the fact that they occupy our bedrooms and we sleep on our
couches..

Please, I'm desperate! I have never asked anyone for financial help but
I'm at a loss for now. For the FIRST time in my life, I don't know how
to save all of us.

Debi

After reading this email from Debi, I sincerely hope that we, as a
ferret community, are able to assist in this battle to keep her rescue
up and running.

Donations are desperately needed to cover the legal fee, to once again
succeed in court.

Help in any amount would be appreciated by the Fuzzy Loving Ferret
Rescue and its owners, Debi and Keith Sadowski.

Thanks for your consideration to the above request,