From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 19:43:09 -0800
>From:    William Killian - Zen and the Art of Ferrets
>Subject: zen's general comments for the day on ferret care as hard, Sorry
>to get off on a rant but I always HATE when people say ferrets are harder
>to care for than dogs or cats as if its always the case.  It is not.

I must totally agree with this statement!  I have a dog, two cats and 2
ferrets-plus a variety of other little critters.  The dog needs food and
fresh water, the cats need food and fresh water, the horse needs food and
fresh water and the ferrets need food and fresh water.  Dog crap needs
picked up, catbox needs scooped, horse crap needs shoveled and ferret
litter box needs scooped.  Dog needs brushed, ears cleaned and nails
clipped, cats pretty much keep themselves clean, horse needs brushed and
hooves picked, and the ferrets need ears, nails and teeth cleaned.  As far
as I am concerned-they are all work!!  The only real difference I see is
that I spend more time with the ferrets than I do the other animals-but
this is not work-at least I don't consider it work!  It's as much fun time
for me as it is the ferrets!  So saying that ferrets are more work than
other animals for me, is just not true.  ANY animal that is well-taken
care of requires work!