From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:44:47 EST
I received my FML calendar the other day--it is really wonderful, a
lot of fun, and very nicely done!  To order one, contact Judy at

*****

Congratulations to the beagles who will be spending this holiday season in
a real home instead of as the subject of someone's "research."  My hope is
that the rescued ferrets were the breeding mothers, whose babies are taken
away from them way too early, so that they will also have a real home.
I have quite a bit of faith in those who rescued the animals and I am
willing to bet that the dogs and ferrets are in safe homes.  Please don't
believe all the anti-animal rights propaganda you hear.

Remember the underground railroad of slavery days?  Don't people believe
that the same thing exists for animals?  I personally admire people who
take risks to save the life of another, whether dog or ferret or person.
I know many people who believe that animals shouldn't be pets, but they
also take very good care of the animals who come into their lives.  Why
are people so quick to label and criticize those who try to help animals
in different ways?

My personal belief is that animals are teachers, and that domestic animals
especially are here to teach humans about love, joy, loyalty and many
other qualities.  I believe that animals are much more evolved than
humans, especially on a moral level.

I also believe that if all of us who say we love animals would work with
everyone else who say they love animals, even if we don't always agree
with each other, that the world would be a much better place.

Ronnie