From:
Tim Kwasny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:50:02 -0600
I really meant to get these posted earlier than this.  Sorry.  I promised
several people these references.  Here they are:

1. Luttgen PJ, Strots RW, Rogers KS, Morton LD: Insulinoma in a ferret.
   J Am Vet Med Assoc.  1986; 189:920-921

2. Caplan ER, Peterson ME, Mullen HS, Quesenberry KE: Surgical treatment of
   insulin-secreting pancreatic islet cell tumors in 49 ferrets.  ACVS
   Abstract.  Vet Surg 1995; 24:422.

The second reference is the one that gave us so much hope about Puck's
condition, and helped us decide that the surgery was a good thing.  If you
are interested in reading them, go to your local library.  They may not have
these journals, but they will be able to get you Xeroxes' by the
interlibrary loan service.

Theresa Kwasny