From:
Wendy Loughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 08:52:13 -0400
Kirby started to shed this year in April.  I used a Slick'N Easy Grooming
Block.  It will shed out the coat quickly.  It's easy, and it's low cost
fiberglass tool to remove loose hair, dust, and dirt.  Cost of this
grooming block is under $3.00.  You can get it at your local tack shop or
on line.  We use slick'n easy grooming block on the horses to shed out
there winter coats.  You have to be very careful with it or you will ended
up with a bald ferret.  Gently bush your ferret with the grooming block .
No hard strokes.You just want to take off there winter coats.  Take them
outside when using the slick'n easy grooming block.  Less mess in the
house.  I had no reaction from kirby when using this tool.  But every
ferret is different.  His coat is shinny and healthy.  I had most of his
winter coat off in 10 minutes or so.  Hope this helps.

Wendy and Kirby