From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:30:52 -0400
I subscribed to this FML hoping to become more educated about ferrets.

At first I did what I am sure many others have done.

I sent money to the shelters.  I asked to be put on the card exchange
lists, ordered the calendar,etc.....

I have posted questions thinking that with the 2500 or so membership,
I would surely get some great advice.

Sadly, I have not really learned much of anything.  The response is
usually two or three people or more usually, none.

I have had e-mails from other members on a couple of topics I posted
about telling me that this FML is a sort of clique, and that you had
to be in that group, and if you were not, well, forget it.

I still read the FML, but I usually just scroll down and generally find
not very much to stop at.

Can we not support each other and our ferrets?  Can we not have
discussions about their care and diet and health and can we not become
viscious when someone tends to disagree on any topic?

I have had a couple of e-mails from people who do not want to bring up
certain topics because they are either afraid to or because they get
slammed when they do.  Is this what this FML is all about?

Come on people....this is supposed to be a place to share ideas and
experiences from people who have ferrets from all over the world.

The concept is wonderful.  Let us put it to good use.

And a huge Thank You to Bill Gruber.  I am sure the one thing we all
agree on is that we love you!

[TG]