From:
Sarah Stockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 18:47:50 -0500
While I was home to San Diego for Christmas break, I heard of an apartment
near my house with five ferrets in it.  The owners apparently walk their
ferrets on the beach in the evening, as some people do with their dogs.  I
didn't see them, but I can just imagine five ferrets bouncing and rippling
along the sand, tangling their harnesses.  The person who had seen them
said that it was cold the day she was there, and some of the ferrets were
wearing improvised sweaters: tube socks with holes cut for the feet and
head!  Little tube socks with feet walking on the beach.  I couldn't stop
laughing.  I think Miniver would stay in one of those for about ten
seconds.  She would retract her feet, the way they do, and slither out.  I
guess these are well-trained (!) ferrets, or else they're just cold.

Kate Pappas: I missed your "Daring Young Emmett" poem (I was away in San
Diego!).  Would you please send me a copy?  Thank you very much.

--Sarah