From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 23:40:42 -0500
This request is directed at California residents with ferret vets in their
area.
Please contact your vet and have them contact the CVMA either by phone, fax,
or letter and let them know how they feel about the legalization of ferrets
in the state of California.  Last year, we had the CVMA's full support,
endorsement, and use of their lobbyist.  This year they are leaning towards
not opposing but not supporting our bill.  This is a back slide.  The
decision on how they will stand on the bill will not be decided for a couple
of weeks.  So now is the time for your vet to contact the CVMA and make
his/her feelings known. For us to contact them is a waste of our time and
theirs.  They will only listen to dues paying members, or so I am told by my
vet. We feel this change in attitude may be(and I stress may) in repayment
for the Fish & Game relaxing its harrassing of vets who currently treat
ferrets in this state.  Doesn't wash in my book.
Marie