From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 10:28:59 -0500
>> About a year ago the methods ferrets used to take down their
>>bovine prey was posted to the FML.  It was all in jest...

> I'm sure it has been mentioned elsewhere also.

    Don't forget the infamous "Kizer & Constantine" report entitled _Pet
European Ferrets: A Hazard to Public Health, Small Livestock and Wildlife_

    This pseudo scientific study (I understand) was paid for and published
by the California Department of Health Services, and then used by them and
others to justify the ban on ferrets which lingers today.  It has been
largely (actually completely, IMO) discredited by the California folks.  Not
to mention the ongoing parody here.