From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 23:40:04 -0500
Going along with the ferrets on TV thing, the other morning I saw a show on
pets.  They were talking about owning "wild" animals.  They talked about
what was required to own racoons, skunks, wolves, foxes, etc.  At the end
they talked about ferrets.  They referred to them as "wild".  I was mad.
They also talked to vets one of which who said "Ferrets can make good pets,
but they're not for everyone." Isn't that true of ALL pets.  From
Chihuahua's and hamsters, to German Shepard's and horses.  People's
ignorance gets me angry.

Nixon scared Ann not to long ago with an SND episode.  Ferrets aren't the
only one's that do that.  Imus (my water dragon) has done it twice in water.
Apparantly, and maybe the Vets could back me up or not, water dragons can
slow down their functions.  Imus was literally sleeping under water, one
time it really scared me, it looked like he was trapped under a rock I had
put in there to help him get out.  I must have held him for 2-3 minutes
before he woke up.

Imus brings me to another point.  How are ferrets, considered "wild animals"
and illegal for ownership, when water dragons, Iguana's, snakes, and the
list goes on and on, legal.  It would seem that these animals are inherantly
more wild than ferrets.

My condolances to those that have lost their fuzzy friends over the last few
weeks.

Brian
Nixon (AAAAH!! I don't know what I hate more baths or fleas!) -wet & grumpy
from what         I'm told
Ashley, Quibby, Imus (Hey man, just sleepin')