From:
Tony & Donna Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 21:05:00 EDT
I am desperate for any help for my fuzzy, reebok.  He started having
diarrhea last wednesday and stopped drinking water or eating his food.  i
took him in to the vet on friday afternoon and he was diagnosed with
bacteria colitis.  he put him on smz-tmp .5 cc bid and wanted me to call on
sunday.  well he still isn't better and has dropped 1/2 pound since friday.
he now weighs .8 lbs.  we gave him 300 cc of ringers on friday and again on
sunday.  i am now in the process of giving him 300cc of ringers bid,
ampicillin .2ml bid, and smz-tmp .5cc bid.  his temperature was 102.2 on
friday and today it was 103.8.  his stools show no parasites but alot of
white blood cells.  the vet did give him something for the fever today.  my
little fuzzy still will not eat or drink anything.  i believe my vet is
doing as much for him as he knows what to do with fuzzies but i thought i
would just ask anyone for suggestions.  please contact me direct by e-mail
if you have any suggestions.  thanks.

donna, tony, reebok, and nikki