From:
Emily Topp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:13:58 -0400
Has anyone had this happen...?

Our baby boy received his 1st rabies shot 2 weeks ago and the needle
apparently hit a muscle or something, because he started limping around,
curling his toes under, and favoring the other foot.

I thought it was just a muscle cramp and it seemed to be getting better,
but now it's worse.  He's walking with his foot completely turned under
(he's walking on the side of it and wearing off the fur) and he doesn't
seem to be able to feel that foot or move it (doesn't respond when you
pinch it).

He's going in to the vet tonight, who said over the phone that she wants
to give him steroids.  If anyone could reassure me or share a similar
experience, I'd sure like to hear it!

Thanks, Em