Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 23:53:13 -0400
Hello everyone,

Californians: We have only a few days left to affect the outcome of AB 363.
Can each of you pledge to have 4 or 5 new contacts call your state Assembly
representative and ask them to vote yes on AB 363 between Monday and
Wednesday?  Please make this last effort to help our bill pass the Assembly
with the widest margin possible.

Everyone: Thanks again for your wonderful support regarding the Audubon and
Sierra Club opposition.  We should know on Monday how the Sierra Club will
go on our bill and I know everyone is keeping their fingers crossed.  I'll
let you know.  It makes absolutely no sense for them to oppose this bill, I
can't imagine them continuing to fight it.

Non Residents: Does anyone have some room in their heart and home for
Oliver?  Oliver ferret was surrendered to our local humane society.  He just
had his right adrenal gland removed and his hair is growing back nicely.
He's five years old, sable and is very kissy-face.  He appeared with me on
the Bay TV show and I need to send him out of state.  My friend and fellow
rescuer on the Penninsula just shipped several ferrets to the Northern
Nevada ferret rescue, and one of the last ferrets I shipped to Arizona
ferret rescue was an older ferret that just had the surgery.  I just got in
another ferret that was bitten by a dog-- he's got a bladder infection but
should be ok, and apparently there's another one waiting to be picked up
tomorrow.

I need to find Oliver a permanent home out of state, hopefully by the end of
the week because his vet health certificate runs out.  The others will be
shipped in time (hopefully an owner or two will come forward to help with
the expenses), but it is now time for Oliver to go to a loving family.  Is
there anyone that can help this CA ferret?  I'd prefer that you live near a
large airport and are from one of the western states, and of course, promise
to love the little guy like crazy.

Let me know if you can care for this lovely older gentleman ferret-- he's
stocky, has an adorable mask, and is very affectionate.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www.ccnet.com/~beisners/gsfs/lobby.html
CALIFORNIANS, YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER AND STATE SENATOR BY
VISITING THIS SITE!! IT'S TIME TO CALL AND WRITE YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER--THE
FLOOR VOTE WILL HAPPEN SOON!