From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:00:03 -0600
Recently, our little gal Siri, who is under a year old, has started
chewing on the plastic gravity food bin. She takes food out, eats it,
then starts wrestling with the edge of the bin, then takes more food,
and so on.

Is this normal? None of the others ever did anything like it. The
closest is Pixie, who would get her food by crawling in the top of
the bin instead of eating from the trough.

Siri also has been making a terrible mess by digging in the food and
tossing it everywhere. So far, I can't tell if she's trying to get to
a specific food or not.

I've checked her mouth as best I can, but I don't see any sores,
swelling, redness, or any indication of tenderness. Do ferrets teethe
like human babies, requiring them to chew on other things?

Is there some way to coerce her into stopping this? I don't think she
can break a tooth on the plastic, but there's a remote possibility, I
guess.

Thanks!

~Eri in TX

--