Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:28:28 EST
Hi everyone,

In reading up on Adrenal last night, I found mentions of hair loss that
could occur on the tail only, or on the tail and the rump.  What about
the rump only, and not the tail?

Our Arthur (AKA Farty) just turned 1 year old, and we've noticed some
patches of hair loss on his outer thighs and on his butt.  I know that
they usually diagnose Adrenal by symptoms alone and then will do surgery.

Does this sound like this could be anything else but Adrenal?  I havent
noticed other symptoms like excessive thirst and urination, but of
course, with 7 of them together, it's kind of hard to gauge.

I am also curious to know what adrenal surgery surgery costs, so that we
can get prepared.

Has anyone here had a ferret this young with Adrenal?  I know it can
happen, but I wasnt expecting it.

What kind of experiences have you had with ferrets with adrenal,
especially post-op?

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for your replies.

~Becky and Heather and The Magnificent Seven
Abby, Andre, Annie, Arthur, Avery (AKA Sleepy), Bob and Peanut