From:
Meesh Meesh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:19:42 PDT
Hi everyone,
First I'd just like to thank everyone who has been so supportive and
responsive to my posts.  The little notes I've receieved have made such
a difference, thank you.

Had a brilliant radiologist today and a lil sprinkling of good luck; She
had no trouble finding the adrenals on either girl.  Unfortunately, she
had some help in that the were all large.  Whitey has both measuring about
1 cm and appearing very 3D/round.  No impingement on the vena cava and
everything else appears normal.  Mighty Mouse has both measuring 1 cm with
the left looking very round but the right looking somewhat flat (which is
better, not great but better).  She also has a cyst about the same size
between her liver and stomach and she has a small amount of fluid in her
abdomen.  It didn't look like it was related to heart disease but we have
echocardiograms scheduled for both of them for next week anyway.

Unfortunately, I found out that Bugsy, one of my males, had a Blood glucose
of 60 on his last test (just did routine testing since he had not had any
work done in a couple of years).  I'm going to retest to be sure but this
is devastating news for me.  Bugsy is my 'first born' and my 'baby'.  They
are *all* my babies and I can't imagine life without them.  I just always
assumed they would be here with me through vet schhol.  It feels like they
have been here forever and I don't want to even think in that direction.

For all of you who have recently lost a loved one, fuzzy or not, or are
dealing with ill ones, my heart goes out to you.  It's not easy and it's
certainly not fair.

I'll let you know about retesting and how it turns out and when surgeries
are scheduled.

Thank for all your support,

Michaela Maurice
College of Veterinary Medicine