Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 00:43:26 -0700
>Date:    Sat, 11 Nov 1995 09:39:53 -0700
>From:    Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
>Regarding the NFA in California being to ferrets what the AKC is to dogs:
>As I understand it, one of the purposes of the AKC is to certify breeds and
>colors and "pedigrees," to the point that people think they need a pedigree
>in order to have a dog of quality, resulting in overbreeding and a host of
>degenerative diseases.  I cannot support a similar situation with ferrets.

I agree.  With an AKC registered dog, you can trace the lineage of your dog.
Considering many (most) ferrets come from ferret mills, and then you don't
even now what day your fuzzy was born on--let alone who the parents were!

Likewise, what does registering your ferret do?  Give a piece of paper
that says, "Yup, it's a ferret".  Not to sound sarcastic, but...  Ferrets
don't have pedigrees like dogs.  Colors can change over a life time...

I would love to hear the benifits of regeristering a ferret.  Not to sound
harsh, but it seems a little silly.

- Jeff & Sid