Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:39:14 -0400
Aileen wrote:
>Then unfortunately, Jon Stewart mentioned how he can understand when
>ferrets have been known to eat babies' noses off!!  I practically threw my
>laptop at the TV I was so angry.
>
>He continued to make fun of ferrets and ferret owners for a bit, then the
>segment was over and he moved on.

Well, that wasn't exactly how he said it-- he said something more like
"Ferrets' owners claim that they are friendly, good-natured, entertaining
pets, and almost always feel remorse when they bite babies' noses off."
Frankly I thought it was quite funny, and with Jon Stewart's characteristic
dry style, it was clear that this was hyperbole.  He then showed a picture
of a ferret in a silly bonnet costume, and chuckled at it in an "oh isn't
it cute" kind of way-- through the sarcasm being used, I thought ultimately
the segment was making fun of people who ban ferrets.

Now Rob Schnieder and that poor albino ferret on the Conan O'Brian show (as
seen on this weekend's edition of Talk Soup), that's another story...

Regina

ps I believe "flesh-eating weasels" is a Frank Zappa reference...  besides
which, weasels _do_ technically eat flesh.

"I'm grazing with the dinosaurs and the dear old horses..."
                                                -- Nick Cave
Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083