From:
David and Serena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 14:08:13 -0500
If someone doesn't have the time or energy to fight for the legalization of
ferrets in CA that doesn't meant they don't deserve a ferret.  However,
anyone who wants to purchase a ferret to live in CA SHOULD wait until they
have been legalized.  This is an issue of the well being of the animals.
Ferrets discovered in CA can be confiscated and KILLED.  Please, PLEASE, for
the sake of the fuzzies, if you really love them, don't bring them into an
area where they can come to harm.  Accidents are something that take our
loved ones from us, and no one can be blamed for that, but to knowingly
endanger someone you "love", well, that doesn't sound much like love to me.
I don't want to be thought of as harsh, but that's the way I feel.  If for
some reason I had no other choice but to live in an FFZ, I would find my
fuzzies a good home and say good-bye.  That would be incredibly hard for me,
but I don't ever want them to come to harm if I can do anything to prevent
it.

Serena, David & the fuzz-collectors- Calliope and Zen
    "I like nonsense!  It wakes up the brain cells.  Fantasy is a necessary
ingredient in living.  It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end
of the telescope... which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at all
of life's realities."  --Theodor Geisel (AKA Dr. Suess)