From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:56:58 -0700
I am helping the foster mom for Frontier Ferrets Rescue and Shelter
(covering Utah and Wyoming).  The shelter still takes in some ferrets and
then transport those that it can, to other shelters to be adopted out,
but the sick or older ones become permanent residents.

Recently they got a call from a lady who was referred to them by the
Humane Society.  She had two ferrets that she has had for about 6 years
and has become allergic to them.  One has some hair loss but they are
both fine she said.  Upon arrival at the foster moms house it was
discovered that the girl, Nibbles, was 6 years old and was adrenal and
insulinomic (vet confirmed).  She also has a broken/healed tail.  Both
her and her cagemate, Oscar, had never been to the vets.

They have been since been seen by the vet.  The vet determined that
Nibbles needs to have surgery RIGHT AWAY.  You can see her pictures at:
<http://www.picture*trail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7259410&uid=421224>
[Please take out the "*" between "picture" and "trail".  I put it in
because AOL seems to reject e-mails which mention links to there.  BIG]

So, we are trying to raise money for the surgery by putting some items on
eBay.  We will also be doing a raffle which should be up by Monday at the
latest.  Please pass this on to other groups if you can also.

14K Gold Diamond Ring with Diamond Bagettes Sz 7
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4989475583>

Ferret Pendant
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7152418183>

Maltese Penny Coin Ferret Necklace