Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1992 02:31:00 -0400
Hi.  I'm new to the Ferret Mailing list, and I thought I'd share a
couple of my favorites with you.

whole ferret
============
slice off outer rind (save for cooking up and enjoying ferret rinds.)
take a sharp knife and make diagonal cross slashes through the fatty
part to allow the fat to melt off and turn crispy.  put on a spit or
put over hot coals and cook all around till the outer part is nice and
seared and crispy (one year I put one of these on a farberware electric
cooker/rotisserie for a party, my guests kept coming up and slicing off
pieces - it was a big hit).

canned ferret
score with diagonal cross slices and put over hot coals.  pour honey
over top and let cook awhile.  turn ferret over and repeat process.  once
well browned on second side, turn over one more time to get honey
seared into ferret.  slice & serve.

Eat up!