From:
"Bill Gruber, FML Moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 01:00:00 -0400
Several days ago I reminded people that posts discussing animal rights
issues which are not directly related to ferrets are not appropriate
for the FML. Since then, I've been receiving an ever increasing number
of, umm, animal rights posts not directly related to ferrets.

I've been returning these posts, writing to each individual explaining
this long-standing FML policy, but more and more inappropriate posts
are arriving and I'm giving up on it for now. Animal rights posts not
directly related to ferrets still will not be posted but I won't send
a note explaining this.

For those wondering, this is exactly why such posts are not allowed!
We'd end up with dozens of FML posts all debating the topic, all using
essentially the same arguments, none of the posts would even mention
ferrets, and except for the endless debaters everyone else would hit
the delete key.

Thanks for understanding and to help keep things on topic.

Bill