From:
TAYLOR DIANE M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:59:35 -0500
Did this title catch your attention?  I am livid right now.  I have had
many people who purchased the Maltese Ferret Pennies from me say they
have received them and love them.  I am also getting e-mails from people
stating they have not received their coins.  Well today I go to the post
office to check my mail and there is a stack of envelopes secured with a
rubber band around them and a statement secured on each envelope stating
that 'odd shaped objects cannot be sent in this manner'.  There was over
$25.00 in wasted stamps affixed to these envelopes as well as the cost
of the envelope itself.  So I had to purchase a padded envelope for each
regular envelope and turn around and pay for them plus the extra postage
in order to re-send.  I want all of you who bought these coins to know
what is going on and I am really pissed at the post office for doing this
to me.  They took these envelopes when I mailed them and then they turn
around and pull this on me!  I lost quite a bit of money on that shipment
and believe me I am about as angry as one person can get right now.  I
hope this does not discourage anyone on the FML who has bought or was
thinking of buying a coin from me.  I just had a valuable lesson learned
and I will package them differently.  The other day when my latest coin
shipment came in from Malta the package was torn and coins were all loose
inside a ziplock bag.  This is how they came to me.  I guess Customs
felt a need to rip into them.  This is what has happened and please, all
of you who have not gotten your coins yet, wait another week for the
remailed ones to get to you and if nothing gets to you in 2 weeks please
let me know so I can vent my anger out on the postal service in this town
and believe me I sure will do it.

Diane