From:
Judi Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 09:16:46 -0400
Hi all:  Before I approach the subject, I would like to say something.  We
all, from time to time, thank BIG for the fantastic job he does with the FML,
but I would like to thank him right now, from the bottom of my heart, for his
second-to-none sense of humor.  Thank you BIG.  Sometimes your little
comments come just at the right time.

Re the HSUS -- I have not yet written them due to other duties, but I will do
so this weekend, at length (not that they'll read it anyway!).  I will at
that time inform them that I have spoken with (to date) 13 friends and
relatives who are regular, and some large, donors to the HSUS.  Some have
agreed to write letters to the Society, but ALL have agreed to withhold
future donations until I tell them that the HSUS has changed their views and
updated their material on ferrets.  OK, 13 people is not a lot -- my goal is
to get at least 25, and hopefully many more, to agree to this plan.  BUT, if
we ALL do this, even at 10 per member of the FML, we are talking about
12,200+ US citizens (in addition to the 1200+ FML list-ers), and that adds
up.  I am not a radical, as I've stated before, but I truly believe we have
to hit these people where they live.  I'm still infuriated over the Rachel
Lamb segment with the mailman last week and that's another reason I haven't
written yet.  A wise employer of mine, years ago, always told me that if you
write a letter in anger, hold it at least 24 hours before mailing it.  Well,
I'm so angry at Rachel and her buddies, I'd have to hold the letter for a
year, and then it would be too late!  So, I opted to delay writing it
instead.  Sponsor letters are going out, and I hope you're all doing the
same.

Since I am relatively new here, I'm sure I've missed a lot of info and
statistics.  What I could really use is some information relative to:

1.  Total (approx.) number of ferrets in US today as pets
2.  Total (approx.) number of ferret owners in US today

I am trying to compile a file, of sorts.  One of the people I do word
processing for is attorney for an ABC-TV news anchor in NYC.  I can use any
information at all, from all of you, from the CA people, from Gary and his
NYC people, and I want to prepare a complete file, including all the CBS
garbage, and the attorney has agreed to pass it personally to the ABC man.  I
have absolutely no idea if this will do any good, but he is quite a senior
member of the news staff and if he just reads it over while summering in the
"Hamptons" (wish I could summer here too!), something just might grab him.
 So, any information would be great, and if lengthy, please mail to me direct
at the following address:  Judi Lunn, PO Box 777, Westhampton NY 11977.
 Thank you all.

Final note.  I e-mailed Jim Cristea directly, but I just have to add how
sorry I still am and how very sad.  His words about appreciating our little
people were so special, and I think of them every time I look at my boys.
 Thank you so much, Jim, for pointing out the obvious and making us all give
these fuzzies that extra hug, kiss or treat.

Someone asked for the Maury Povitch address:  Maury Povitch Show, 226 W. 26th
Street, New York NY 10001 (212) 989-8800.  This is the direct number for his
show, and the address is his actual studio, not NBC in general.

Till next time (Maury says that--but so do I!) Judi Lunn