From:
"AnNa M. aDaM sPeAr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 23:41:22 -0600
I'm still behind on the FML but I just saw my name mentioned (well, my
nickname, rather) in reference to a ferret registry.  If there's been more
AFTER why I'm refering too, sorry, I'm not caught up.  ANYWAY, I don't
really know what the benefit of a national registry would be...  I mean,
you'd still have to make sure the buggers were wearing a tag...  And it
still would be no proof the ferret was yours if it was stolen.  I was going
to get my driver's license number tatooed on the inside of my dogs' legs or
ears so I could prove they were mine but that's just a bit much for a wee
little ferret.  As far as my name list goes, it's not for any useful purpose
at all.  It's just for fun.  I have the email address of...  maybe 85% of
the owners but I can't give that out without their permission.  Don't get me
wrong, if there's a national registry, I'll register my kids.  I'm just not
so sure what the benefits would be.

Oh, one more thing... for those of you who STILL haven't added your kids to
the list, my NEW web address is: http://www.comland.com/~ahn/addferret.html
The old address is still there but only for 12 more days!!

Anna

and one more, one last thing. Before sending this off, I scanned the FML's
that I haven't gotten a chance to read and I see now that I've repeated some
ppl's comments. sorry.