Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 00:04:44 -0400
Help,

my fuzzie is sick and i don't know what is wrong with him.  This morning he
was fine acting like himself running off with all of the shoes in the house
and playing like normal.  Tonight when i got home we was laying at the
bottom of his cage not moving at all and having trouble getting his bottom
end up.  I don't know what is wrong with him and would like some idea
before i go to a vet so that i can take him to the right vet.  i am very
worried about him.  he is descented and fixed and is almost two years old.
He is also one of the smaller sizes of ferrets.  When i picked him up i
gave him his water bottle and he drank non stop for about ten minutes and
wanted more.  when i gave him his favorite treat (nutrigrain bars) he took
one bite and laid back down again and ignored it.  he's having trouble
moving around, hasn't gone to the bathroom since this afternoon (there was
a poop in his cage in the litter that was fresh when i got home and didn't
look odd or smell odd) and i don't think he's urinated since that time
either.  He keeps licking his lips and tongue alot which i think means he's
dehydrated and he's sighing alot and breathing very heavy like he's out of
breath.  He's not making any noises and he's not dooking.  He is a little
warmer than usual but his nose isn't dry.  I have no idea what is wrong
with him and i can't find my book.

Please let me know if any of you know what it might be even insulima so
that i know which vet would take better care of him (i have three of them
in my imediate area and certain ones are better at some things with the
ferret than others).

thank you for all of your help.  My email is [log in to unmask]

thanks to all
Carissa and Sir Ferris the Bad Boy Rat of Ferret