From:
"Lindy N. Garner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 15:12:39 -0700
Idgie's surgery seemed to go ok.  Apparently she had a lot of abdominal fat
and it was hard for the vet to get a visual of the adrenal glands.  She
removed the left one.  Idgie seems pretty perky and it eating really well.
I have been giving her duck soup and chicken baby food and pedialyte.  She
eats it all.  I am letting her sleep and bringing her the warm food to lick
while staying cozy warm in bed!  :) We are waiting on a pathology report on
the gland.  The vet palpated the right kidney and adrenal gland area to try
to feel for any enlarged mass but found nothing.  I hope removing the left
one will do the trick.

Now, for where I screwed up, for the last week (PRIOR to surgery) her tai l
has turned blue and is even darker now, almost black.  The tip still has a
bit of pink and just next to the base.  I looked closely and can see
blackheads but the skin around the blackheads is this dark color.  I forgot
to ask the vet if she thought there was a problem, however, she did have her
for two days and didn't mention it as a problem.  You can easily see it
since she doesn't have any hair on her tail.

SOooo Dr.  Williams or Weiss what is causing this???  There is nothing in
the FAQ about tails changing color.  There are no red or flaky spots, just
this dark color of her tail skin.
Lindy Garner