From:
Karen Marsh-Lovvorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 23:09:54 -0400
I've just caught up on a week's worth of FML.  Whew!  It's true - some
things beside coat hangers DO multiply in dark places!  So, the
"unscientific poll" determined that the girls are worse than the boys!  You
haven't met MY boys!!! My girls pale in comparison!  Samantha & Puka are
(usually) good little ferrets (is that an oxymoron?)  Sam (the chatterbox -
NEVER shuts up!) spends most of her time sleeping, except when she (at 1.5
lbs.) is busy showing 3 lb. Gurgey who's boss by dragging him around by the
neck & trying to hide him in the closet.  Puka loves toes - especially sock
or shoe-covered toes - or legs that have just been put into stockings - SNAG
- whoops, sorry Mom! But the boys. . .well, ever since Gurgey discovered the
joy of flying, he's been unstoppable!  He flies everywhere!  A typical
morning. . .getting up stumbling into the bathroom, half asleep - thunk! the
ferret-on-your-shoulder early morning wake up call!  Next stop, the sink -
oh yes, the sink! THE SINK!  YAY!  The magical porcelein shrine which
dispenses the Water of Life (& it's really cool to scuba dive in too!).
Flying from my shoulder to the sink, dancing maniacally around the basin -
Mom, Mom, turn it on, come on, please-please-please?  (Sploosh!)  Wet stuff!
A miracle! Splash, splosh, shake - well, the bathroom's clean now!  Next
stop - the shower. More water!  Dodging in & out between my feet, dragging
the soap off (heh, heh - you can't find me - you've got shampoo in your eyes
- ha, ha, ha!), then dashing up the side of the bed and dry off all over the
clothes Mom JUST GOT OUT OF THE CLOSET (especially the "dry clean only"
ones).  Anyway, 20 minutes, 2 sets of clothes & 2 prs. of snagged stockings
later Mom's ready to LEAVE THE ROOM.  No, no! Don't leave us - let us go
too!  (Lao, YOU hide under the dresser & when she starts to open the door
Puka can distract her by climbing her stockings, Sam can run between her
feet & try to trip her while I run out the door & as far down the hall as I
can get. . .)

Lao loves toilet paper.  It's the most exciting toy that anyone has EVER
invented! It's especially fun to unroll the ENTIRE ROLL onto the floor &
drag the poor, bedraggled carcass of the cardboard tube to the lair under
the bed. (HOW he gets it off the toilet paper thing-a-ma-bob I have NO
idea!).  And, wonder of wonders, he has found the toilet paper treasure room
under the bathroom cabinet. . .and a special bonus, the bag of litter is
under there TOO!  No, Lao, no, no! Don't dig in tha. . .oh [log in to unmask] (Heh, heh,
heh - see, we kept her from leaving!)  No plant is too well buried under
gravel, no cabinet or drawer too high , no bag or box of anything crunchy or
messy is too much of a challenge for the fuzzy avengers!  Oh well, I guess
I'll put up with 'em - I kinda like waking up with flying furrballs and toe
snakes!

Karen & the Gang
Lao Bear (am I cute or what?),
Gurgey (bonsai!)