From:
Steve Stem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 13:53:58 -0700
Hello, I've been lurking here at the FML for a while.  I would like to
introduce our little boys to you all.  Edison (named for the inventor) is
the first ferret we've had, he's about 2 years old and a real wildman.  Some
favorite pasttimes include, tunneling under the covers, moving squeaky toys
from place to place and wrestling socks into submission.  Our other ferret,
Dakota, was adopted from Ferrets Etc out here in Colorado.  Dakota is a real
sweetie.  He enjoys napping in sweatshirts, chasing feet and he loves a
snowman toy my mother got us for christmas.  The snowman is on skis (with
little wheels underneath so it moves on tile) with a small snowman trailing
behing it on a string.  You pull the string and the big snowman rolls around
and drags the little one.  Dakota must love the grinding sound of the gears
in the big snowman, because the minute we pull the sting he's there trying
like crazy to drag the little snowman into his hiding place.  It's funny how
these guys find the strangest toys.

I was in a pet store today playing with their ferrets and an idea popped
into my head.  As far as I see it, the scariest thing about pet stores
selling ferrets is the uninformed owner.  Has anyone tried to hold new
ferret owner sessions (like once a month) through a pet store?  I can't
imagine why a pet store wouldn't try to promote the sessions.  The ferret
FAQ could be handed out and general things discussed at these sessions.  If
any of you have tried this, please let me know how it went.

Dooks to all!

Steve Stem  ([log in to unmask])
Kristina Skiles
Edison ("If those humans are eating it, it has to be good!")
Dakota ("What?  Was that a raisin carton being shaken?")