Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:59:07 EDT
Hello again!  I also thought I'd add that it's a good idea to put an alarm
on the tree.  Heeheehe   I've never experienced Christmas with Ferrets yet
but I have for years with Cats.  Cats love Christmas trees! :o)

I make little ornament looking alarms out of BELLS.  Loud ones!  I hang
them mostly at the bottom of the tree, so they ring freely and easily.  We
never leave the Cats or Ferrets out when we aren't home so we don't have
to worry about it then.  BUT, when we are home as soon as I hear the bells
starting to ring, I know someone is up to no good!  Heh heh heh.  That's
when I get my handy little water bottle and squirt the Cat, from around
the corner where they can't see me.  They usually think God is punishing
them and take off.  Heeheehe  Which is good to do because usually when
they see you punish them, they usually do it again after your gone.  This
way they don't know when it's going to happen.  Which last year my Cats
were the most behaved ever.  They are learning. :o)

Try it. You never know, it might work. Take care!
Dooks,
Toni