From:
Becca Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 1996 21:31:31 +0000
Hi, this is Becca, some of you may remember some of my random posts during
my (so far) 3 month lurking session on the FML.  =)

I'm trying to convince my parents that a ferret is the perfect pet for me.
The general arguement has been an ongoing thing as long as I can remember,
because I've always wanted a ferret.  Alas, they've agreed to, and I have
owned, every other type of pet, but now I'm fed up and going for the gold!
=) Put it this way... fish, cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters,
rats, parakeets, cockatiels, snakes, tarantulas, and iguanas seem to be
alright with them.  But never a ferret.  Right now we have 4 cats, a rabbit,
fish and 2 dogs, but when I get a ferret, they will always be supervised
when together.  My main question is this.... I hate to even think of leaving
the little bugger inside a cage, no matter how big (the one I have is a 3-4
story 3' x 4' base 5' high cage, once used for cat shows), for any extended
amount of time, and was wondering if my 15x15 room is a reasonable sized
place to let the fuzzie run while I'm at school (I'm not quite 16).  No
doubt my mom, who's a domestic engineer (her term for homemaker =) will be
taking him/her out every once and a while, while I'm gone, but is my room
big enough?  Or will I have to talk them into allowing me to convert my
gigantic section of the basement into a ferret apartment?  I am quite the
animal rights activist, and want to be humane, as well as generous and as
loving as humanly possible, to my new pet.  =D Oh, and one more question,
this is directed to anyone on the FML who has a ferret as illegal contraband
in thier college dorm.  =) I'll be going off to college myself in a little
over 2 years, and FULLY intend on taking the sweet fuzzball with me when I
go.  Any suggestions on how to pass security and keep it secret contraband?
;) Well, I guess that's it.  Thanks in advance to anyone who may answer me
and congratulations to all for creating the most fabulous, informative FML I
have ever had the pleasure of belonging to.  =)

My Most Sincere ALoha
becca