From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:47:05 -0500
"Passing off"  my foot!

Steve's second quote at the bottom of my sig lines applies in this
case.

<http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-25/wa-bill-would-narrow-definition-of-service-animals.html>

> WA bill would narrow definition of service animals
> Bloomberg
>Supporters say the measure, which cleared the House Rules Committee on
>Thursday, is necessary to keep customers in establishments where food
>is sold from trying to pass off ferrets, parrots, monkeys, full-size
>horses, snakes and lizards as service ...

Do you realize how EASY and CLEAR it would be if there were service
animal permits that were issued the EXACT SAME WAY as handicapped
parking placards? Let the treating physician decide if the animal
is performing as a service animal or not. Then the people with the
service animals would need to carry the permit the same as they do the
handicapped service parking. Problem solved using an existing system so
no additional costs and no risks. Why don't they just do that instead
of taking such a bullying approach which could endanger quads who use
service monkeys and people who use seizure alert ferrets?

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html