From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1992 12:02:05 -0400
Max-

I had a ferret while I lived in Illinois (September 90 - September 91) and
because I have family in Michigan and my fiance was there at the time, I
was travelling to Michigan every other weekend with my ferret. To my
knowledge there are NO checkpoints for anything going into Michigan. I always
used I-94 travelling into the state but I don't think that any of the
interstates have any checkpoints. According to relatives of mine, when caught
with a ferret, they had to find it an out of state home. I imagine if you
didn't live there you would probably have to leave the state. No such thing
as search and seizure!

On the other hand I now live in California(boy I really know how to live near
or in the illegal ones) and they do have checkpoints. I have heard there are
ways around at least one. When I came into the state, all they ask at the
checkpiont is if you are bringing in any plants, fruits, or vegetables
(they are really concerned about bringing in things that could hurt the crops)
I had a full car and they never questioned about ferrets or tried to look but
I imagine they could if they decided to.