From:
Christina Mearns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:09:14 +0000
Please help us understand what happened to Ruby.

She has never shown signs of illness, was only 1 year old and 'normal'.

On Sunday evening she seemed more tired than usual, but we had been away
for the w/end and we thought that the car journey and excitement had made
her tired.

On Monday we tok her to the vets.  They diagnosed constipation.  We
isolated her to check her poops, water and feed.  She seemed fine after
the treatment.  On Wednesday morning she was back to her usual self.
Wednesday evening she was dead.

On Thursday morning the autopsy was performed.  she had a ganglium the
size of a small potaote in her lungs.  Her heart was sqashed down on her
diaphram and she had haemoraged in her abdomen.  The vet thinks she didn't
suffer, just felt a huge wave of tierdness.

Please help us.  We are in France and ferrets are not well known over here
and the vet is reasearching what happened to our baby.  Have any of you
seen this before?  Can anyone help us understand and pass the information
to our vet.  He is worried that it may be a virus that she caught.

We are having difficulty accepting our loss.  she never showed any signs
of difficulty or pain.  Please if anyone can help...

A very distressed family.

Christina, Cyril, Taz, Teddy, Sylvestre,

Missing our angel princess Ruby