From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 21:19:49 -0000
>From:    Linda Miller <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I am planning a trip to go camping in the summer (early June to be
>precise) and I want to bring along the fuzzbutt(s).  But only if it's
>a good idea..  <snip>

I regularly take 40+ ferrets camping... it's mainly doing PR work with my
ferrets but it's camping all the same.  I use a 14' x 9' frame tent and
also use a gazebo as an annex and an extra shady area for the ferrets.  I
use knockdown play pens for the ferrets so they can have a run round in
safety.

If possible try to pitch your tent where you get shade from mid-day and
afternoon sun.  Have spray bottles of cold water handy - if it gets too
hot the ferrets love have a cool spray.  Take an electrolyte, such as
Cool Ferret, with you to add to their water.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare

Waiting at Rainbow Bridge:- Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper, Inga, Holly, Fergle, Amanda, Sparky, Daniel,
Blackie, Marvin, Claude, Bumper, Kurt, Tasha Yar, Larry, Lily, Ben,
Fritz, Dax, Kelley, McCoy, Brock, Snowy, Dumpling, Buddy, Stumpy,
Treacle, Max, Scrap, Vanessa, Sarek, Paw Paw, Badger, T.D, Spooky,
Stanley, Tara, Oliver, Alfie, Sindy, Beano & Lulu