From:
Marc Lavergne & Lorraine Tremblay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 12:10:46 -0400
Some of my ferrets like cantaloup too.  They get it in three forms: I let
them lick a half cantaloup while I watch to make sure Boum Boum does not
eat the peel too; I scrape some in a spoon and let them lick it or I serve
them in a plate some of the juice that surrounds the seeds.  I wondered
if it made them burp, but I have not heard any if they do..  (not joking,
I actually wondered that...)

Like any fruits, If you give them too much, they will get runny stools or
even strange looking stools.  I fed Sanka once so many bits of mandarin
that she had bright orange stools as she did not digest the fruit!  Did
not keep her from trying to get some everytime we eat mandarins!

Lorraine Tremblay
Webmistress of Mustela Canada | Webmestre de Mustela Francia
http://www.storm.ca/~ferret