From:
JMYSHARONA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:44:47 EST
No matter where you are and how ferret friendly the agencies in your area
may seem you have to be prepared.  Your little one's life may depend on it!

Call your local animal control office and cultivate a "relationship" with
them.  If you are a member of a club, tell them about it.  I recently spoke
with the gentleman who heads the rabies control in my area, I told him the
name of the club I'm in and guess what?  His mother-in-law is a member too!

Remember: It doesn't have to be a bite or even a little nip that can cause
an uproar, all it takes is a seemingly harmless little scratch!

   SP