From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 19:54:04 +0000
>From:    "J. Asper" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Can the odor be reduced?
>...I have tried tons of things but it still seems like after i clean
>everything there is a smell.

Hi Jessi!  Ah... the "smell"!  Oh... the odor!!  I remember thinking my
first fuzzy smelled funny, and baddish... we tried the water additives,
deodorizing shampoos, sprays, the gamut!  By the time I figured out that my
fuzzy was always and ever going to smell like a fuzzy, I'd fallen in love
with the smell!  And, that's NO LIE!  When I travel, the longer I'm away,
the more I crave the musky-sweet smell of their little beings.  Like sweet
and sour food, when I want to enjoy the sweet more I sniff their little
ears (eeeuuuu -- bitter!), then drink in a nosey draught of their tails,
which, with seven fuzzies, ia like sampling the seven most divine incenses
out of the East!  Their little tummies and sides are the neutral zone, the
common fuzzy-smelling space... marvelous...

When Bob Church visited last Sunday I could see the man truly missed his
fuzzies; he kept picking up my fuzzies, squinting his eyes (behind his
Harely shades), and sinking his snout deep into their furry sides, like a
wine steward sniffing the finest of wines ... only something better then
wine, a fur kid!

Do we appear crazy to the outside world?!  Undoubtedly!  Do I care?
Undoubtedly NOT!  Let me stew in my happy insanity of fur kid devotion!
These little guys are just indescribably sweet!!  Sweet smelling!!!

When the "fam" comes over, the non-ferret people, they often raise their
snouts up and sniff to see how we're handling "the smell" (is it gone
yet?)... how I love to watch my brother-in-law doing his early morning
stretching exercises on the only rug in the house (the one I have so the
fuzzies can leap and play without slipping on the hardwood floor; the one
they roll about on, scratching their backs and sinking in their smells like
shark jaws; the one I occasionally clean poop off with diluted bleach and
happy curses)... knowing brother-in-law's breathing deep draughts of "the
smell" (or it's so early his sniffer isn't turned on)... as I waddle by en
route to a headier draught, the smell of human-stimulating stinking
caffeine.

Man or no man, I've always had my own bedroom, to stretch out and sleep in
non-snore-zone bliss... and to revel in "the smell" (and I'm not talking
about me)... the more my fuzzies sleep in the bed during the day, the
happier I am smelling the little wafting clouds carressing and cradling my
snout long after the fur kids have been put in their townhouses at night.
Hubbie makes looking-down-the-snout comments about my encouragement of the
fuzzies sharing my bed.  HE doesn't read the FML, so it's safe to say that
his room sometimes smells like a "lion's den" - if you know what I mean!  -
in the morning... while mine smells like the lingering afterglow of an
expensive and beautiful incense stick expired around midnight, but lingering
in my dreams.

Trust me Jessi!  There's nothing like that fur kid aroma... sweet, musky,
ruminescence of the lightest, sweetest beings on earth, our fur kids.

Of course, Jessi, if you want to just label me insane, I wouldn't blame
you... but remember, both my husband and I witnessed Bob Church in a sort
of revelrous glee while sniffing our fuzzies... so I'm not alone.

I wonder, how many out there are also "closet tail worshippers"?!

Sign me: Lynn and the fur gang, tails a'streamin' sweet little wisps of
honied nectar from the center of the heavens...

Now I know I'm Gadzookers!  (our first fuzzy is named Gadzook,
Gadzook Kramer LeMarche... he looks like Kramer on Seinfeld)... can't
a mom write forever on her kids?!

"Ah Mom; shut up and bring me a raison... do you think my tail smells
like this without a good raison polishin'?!"

****Who'd of ever thought I'd come to this?!****

L.