Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:25:19 -0400
Just to add another concept to the shelter issue of fostering.  Here at
Ferret Wise our "special" kids who don't fit into the adoption catregory
due to special needs-- long term care, medical conditions post surgery
etc... are permanently placed under our HOSPICE Program.  There is a
special contract outlining the ferrets condition and what needs the shelter
covers, etc.  This is an adoption, but a **very special one** which we
allow only to those folks whom we are certain can provide reasonable care
for those residents for the rest of their lives.

This is one way that the hands on care can be guided and the shelter count
can be reduced while providing more quaslity time to the ferrets who
deserve the best!

Just adding another terminology into the placement pot!

Alicia

and the many faces of Ferret Wise

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html