From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 19:31:39 -0400
Apologies to Randy, Linda, and Troy Lynn who I believe sent information on
this to me before  (Getting flakey since I can't recall just who sent the
info and can't find one address, either.), but I've gone and lost it.
We'll soon be rearranging 'Chopper's cardiomyopathy meds depending on the
results (due in one and two days) of two blood tests now being done for
digoxin and potassium levels, and on some information we are awaiting from
other sources.  Hanan has seen some wonderful longevity results in dogs
when Co-Enzyme Q is used in conjunction with some of the other meds so we
need to know what sorts of doses and frequencies people are using for
Co-Enzyme Q for what weights in ferrets, and sources.  It may be that it
won't work out right, or that she will need Propanolol added to her
multi-med heart routine and have a massive mish-mash of everything but the
kitchen sink, but we don't know, yet.  Looking into a change which D.K.
mentioned, also.

She appears to be having another Helicobacter flare-up again, too, so she's
back on what always works best for her in that situation:  Tutti-fruity
Flagyl, Amoxi, and Pepto.  She will not be happy about that, but she'll be
happy afterwards.

'Chopper had a wonderful time flirting with Hanan -- keyed into his scent as
soon as we entered the hospital and forlornly turned her head in whatever
direction she would smell him while we were waiting.  I was afraid she'd
feel snubbed and maybe refuse to kiss him, but his "hard-to-get" aspect led
to her covering him with kisses as soon as he held her.  What can I say: our
little, old furry is in love with her vet.  He's a great guy so Steve and I
approve <G>.  Glad she likes her men intelligent; must take after me since
that's what first turned me on with Steve and still adds spice to life each
day after 18 years of marriage.

Sukie