Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 16:13:48 -0700
Good news everyone!

Well, as many of you predicted (and assured me of, thank you) my Sasha
has survived the lost claw incident and at least ONE of us got a good
night's sleep (guess who?)

Sasha's doctor called me this morning and this was her advice: something
for nerves to settle down with, ensure as little movement as possible,
and R &R - FOR ME!  LOL!  And the Rx for Sasha?  "if it 'aint broke,
don't fix it." (no pun intended).  Basically what the doc said was as
long as the bleeding has stopped, she's OK and that I needed to keep the
wound clean until it scabs over and make sure she's not picking at it.
No problem there - she's running around on her paw like nothing ever
happened!!

Now we'll just have to wait and see if the nail does indeed grow back (I
still cannot figure out how this happened unless Sasha got the claw
caught on part of her hammie but there was absolutely no blood whatsoever
on anything but the bathroom floor??)

So just wanted to let everyone know we've survived yet another
incident...  now if we can just make it to Sasha's surgery next weekend
in one piece (we, yes BOTH of us!)

Thanks to those of you who so kindly responded to my frantic cry with
your reassurance and wisdom.  Unfortunately, the worst part isn't over
yet - I have to go deal with my new roommate whose only concern through
all of this was that Sasha got blood on her brand new guest bedroom
carpet !!!!!

Thanks again... Jennifer, Sasha & Snowy  Good news everyone!