From:
Larry & Debbie Whorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:41:20 -0500
I'm very sad to say that Miss Sparkles was put to sleep today.  This
is our first ferret to die, though we've had plenty of dogs do so.  She
crashed again last night.  Each day she was eating less and less.  Last
night I noticed when I was cradling her that she was making just the
slightest bit of noise that could be considered a whimper.  We had her
hammock hanging to within an inch of the cage floor.  This morning she
got out of the hammock to use the litter box and she couldn't climb the
inch to get back in the hammock.  It broke my heart.

The vet's office didn't open til noon, so I went ahead and took her to
the office with me.  She got to go outside and play in the crab grass one
more time.  She mustered up some energy to play and I am so glad.  We
only had the little girl for three months - how can there be this much
pain?!!  Well, at least we know her last three months were great.  She
loved to take tubes of things and hide them under my dresser.  That was
her greatest thrill in life until I introduced her to the crab grass at
the office.  So, I hope our little just over 1/2 lb. sable ferret is
welcomed at the Rainbow Bridge and that they have plenty of tall soft
grass for her to play in and little tubes to hide.

Debbie Whorley