From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 2009 21:30:37 -0400
No. 421 was out in his garden picking the first of his raisins when
Oliver, his currier, came running up the path.

"Hi Oliver," No. 421 said. "What's up?"

Oliver had to wait a minute to catch his breath then he said, "I has a
ticket here from the Receiving Angel and he heard from the Boss we has
a ferret arriving today," Oliver said. "Well, some of them came over in
the last few weeks, but Jackson is arriving today and we has to find
Lil' Bruno, Billie and Enoch. Hey, are those the first of the raisin
crop? Remember I helped you carry them out to the garden to plant, can
I have some?"

"Oliver, I always count on you having some," No. 421 said. "And, you
did help. You carried the hoe while I carried the bag of raisin seeds,
the watering can, and the fertilizer. With out your hoe, what would I
have done?"

No. 421 took the ticket and looked it over. Jackson would be coming
over soon, but the others were already here. He sighed out loud.

"Oliver, go to the nursery and tell the Nursery Nanny to get Lil' Bruno
ready to meet his brother," No. 421 said. "Billie and Enoch are down
by the Ferretone Falls in that compound with the others that arrived
without out a notice. Tell the Receiving Angel I have it under control,
go to the compound and tell Billie and Enoch to meet us at the Bridge."

No. 421 gave Oliver a pawfull of raisins to help him along and put the
pan in his cabin. He would make a pudding when he came back.

He walked up the path to the Bridge and had just settled in his chair
when Nursery Nanny came up with Lil' Bruno by the paw.

"Honestly, that Oliver, how he carries on," Nursery Nanny said. "He
just rushed in with a mouthful of raisins talking about getting Lil'
Bruno dressed up and to the Bridge, den he runs out and is gone. I is
all alone there with babies that needs changing and here I is doing
his job."

No. 421 thanked Nursery Nanny and lifted Lil' Bruno up on his lap. He
began to tell him about all the fun he was going to have now that his
brothers were coming to be with him.

The sound of someone scurrying over the wooden planks had No. 421 on
his feet with Lil' Bruno by the paw.

"Hi, you must be Jackson," No. 421 said. "Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge
and wait, here comes Oliver with some ferrets you know."

"Hi Buddy -- that be you?" Billie said. "Enoch and I have been waiting
for you. Lil' Bruno is here, so we can all be together again."

The ferrets hugged and dooked, and Lil' Bruno was passed around from
one to the other.

Billie told Jackson he was welcome to come and share their home, and
they would all wait for their human mom to come and get them.

Nursery Nanny had just finished "training" Lil' Bruno so he was ready
to go. She said good-bye to him, patted him on the head, and started
home to finish washing diapers.

Lil' Bruno was happy to be with his brothers, and the four ferrets,
together again, started off down the path.

Jackson turned around and asked No. 421 to let their Mom know they
had all arrived and were together.

Gentle Breeze came to the Bridge and brought Puffy the cloud. Puffy
opened his pocket and Enoch, Billie, Lil' Bruno and Jackson stuffed
it full of kisses and hugs, and Gentle Breeze wrapped her arms around
Puffy and the two started off on their mission. When she was sleeping
tonight, Puffy would slide behind the moon and drop his bundle of
ferret kisses for Jackson, Enoch, Lil' Bruno, and Billie's Mom.

No. 421 and Oliver started back down to No. 421's cabin. "Hey," Oliver
said. "It is almost lunch time, how about you make up some raisin
sandwiches. That would really hit the spot."

Oliver made the Ferretone tea and No. 421 made some sandwiches and
put the rest of the raisins and some honey on the back burner to cook
down into a pudding. He wrote in his logbook that the mission was
successful, there was in empty crib in the nursery, and Oliver was
eating again.

After a nap, the two friends decided they would go down to Bakin'
Berthas and pick up some pawprint cookies to have with the pudding
for supper. No. 421 knew Oliver would be staying as he usually slept
over after a job was done.