Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:18:59 -0500
Update on situation>From Friends & Caregivers..
If you could pass this information along, it would help us concentrate
on the ferrets and the cats while Joe is with Maren in the hospital.

It has been a week and Maren is still in a sleep induced coma to
prevent further bruising and possible bleeding to her injury area. The
accident really knocked her car around the intersection and she went to
the hospital by ambulance. She has had an inoperable brain aneurysm for
about 15 years now and the doctors were concerned about damage to that
part of her head. She had severe headaches for the two or three days
up until they decided to do a CT Scan and the X-ray showed enough of a
concern that the two doctors put her in a sleep-coma. This was needed,
they day, to allow healing, release pressure, and prevent further
damage and a rupture of that aneurysm. I am a retired nurse and this is
a normal procedure for injuries such as these. What I am getting from
Joe is this is the extent of the damage and the doctor will reverse
the coma when they feel she is healed enough that the motion of normal
movement to her head will not aggravate the aneurysm. No, they do not
want to operate. Not now, anyway from what Joe tell us. From what I
understand, the aneurysm is in a very problematic place in the brain.
Small but could be a problem.

We have the ferrets here under complete control and they are fine. So
are her cats. Joe has to go back to work he says tomorrow but he has
been at the hospital in her room 24-7 for the past 3 days now. We hope
to have some update tomorrow from the doctors after the CT Scan is
performed at 10:00 a.m.

Her only concern was for Joe and the ferrets. Joe tells me that at
the scene, all she wanted to know were the ferrets okay. Joe insisted
on them being locked in the car and strapped them down tight so the
carriers did not move. He called me to help the police after she left
in the ambulance at the scene and these ferrets were fine. A bit shaken
up, I believe, but not injured in any way. Took them a few days to get
over the trauma of the impact and move but are fine now. Most of the
special needs ferrets are in foster homes temporarily and we can handle
what's here. We even cleaned up the house. Did laundry. Stuff like
that.

Update will be sent as available.
If you would like to send a card:

Please send to:

Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue Sanctuary
1330 Pontotoc Street
Hernando, MS 38632

Rose
www.littlefeetferretbedding.org