From:
Nancy Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 00:35:53 -0600
1. She left him, 3 cats, and 6 ferrets for an affair.
2. Now the divorce has become bitter.

1. She left him with all the work and responsibility while she went
and did what she wanted to do. Doesn't sound very responsible to me.
Animals, like human kids, can't be put on a shelf just because one
doesn't care to care for them for a while. If she deserted them once
because taking care of them wasn't convenient, chances are she would do
it again. The next time they might not be so lucky to find someone to
take good care of them.

2. For 9 months he has helped to care for the ferrets at the shelter.
Why does she want the ferrets now when the divorce has turned bitter?
Is she really concerned about caring for them now, or is she trying to
get at him through them. I used to help out at an animal clinic that
also boarded pets. We had to be very careful when the pets were
released to make sure that they went to the right person, because one
ex-spouse might check them in and the other ex-spouse would then try
to pick them up. What is his comment about her wanting the ferrets?
Animals like kids are often a part of custody battles.

Nancy