From:
Kelly Jo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:49:38 EDT
I was reading today and the post asking questions about the conditions of
breeding at marshall's and I decided to reply.

Everyhting that I have heard and learned doing research about marshall's
is negative.  They are the puppy-mill monopoly of the ferret world.
Actually they disgust me.  Now, mabey I am not well informed, I
acknowledge that, so if anyone has proof otherwise I would love to hear
it.  It absolutly breaks my heart to think of all of these defensless
little kits being shipped cross country in sometimes very, very ill
conditions.  Marshall's has grown to such mass quantities that they have
eliminated every ounce of individuality.  Kits that do not sell in pet
stores and that get too big to sell are not given to shelters, they are
only seen as dollar signs, not lives, and they are returned only to be
killed for a refund.  Considering how massive marshell's is and that it
is almost the only breeder used in big chain stores all over the U.S.-
think of how many kits are born everyday only to be returned and killed?
I for one would like to know the exact statistics!  Like I said,
marshall's pretty much disgusts me.  I have five precious fuzzbuts, all
of which have their marshall's tattoos.  Two came into my life through
shelters, one out of a horrible animal cruelty situation, and yes, two
are from the pet store.  I cringe at the thought of supporting this
horrible industry, but while buying supplies, twice this had got me, I
pass by the ferret cages and was picked out by them mind you, not vice
vers, and I looked at those beautiful tiny faces and bought them for fear
of them not being bought by someone else and being returned to the place
where they never come back from.  Those kits at the pet store need
rescuing too, I say to myself.  But while rescuing them I'm inviting the
devil to increase this buisness.  And this is what it is a buisness, not
lives from whom God created.  (sickening) I do not know, mabey I am just
a hipocrit.  But I do know that I severely do not aprove of anything
having to do with marshall's, and if I could remove my babie's tattoos I
would.  I adamantly (sp) will not buy ANY marshall's products for my
kids, especially their food, as it is really not the healthiest food for
them to eat anyhow,(I used mostly Zupreem).

So, anyway, my response is that it is probably impossible to stop these
monsters as individuals, but I'll be damned if I support them!

Thanks for listening to my rant, and God bless everyone and their
fuzzies.

Kelly Jo and her husband, Benjamin, and her wonderful owners, Simeon,
Rueben, Charlie, Clover, and Binky Bear......XOXOXOXO