From:
"Richard L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 17:13:55 EDT
    My wife and I are new ferret owners, and want to give them the best food
we can.  After reading the FAQ and some messages here we are very confused
as to what to give them.

    The FAQ says Iams, Science Diet or Eukanuba - however, after looking at
the ingredients, they all have corn listed as a major ingredient which they
supposedly don't digest, and all of the above brands also contain Ethyoquin
as a preservative which supposedly causes cancer.

    Supposedly all the Ferret specific foods are low quality except the
Marshall Farms and something called Totally Ferret, which no pet store in
Atlanta carries.

    So what's are ferret loving owner to do?  Can someone please give us
advice on this?  The pet store where we bought our ferrets gave us a bag of
L/M Animal Farms Ferret Food and we would like to switch.

Thanks,
Richard and Malynda Green