From:
Cinnamon Sprite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:59:06 -0400
I thank you for your response Jean, but it really wasn't necessary.  The
issue I had was not with you or your shelter, but rather with the
attitude of the poster whose message I was replying to.  That post may
have been well intended but I believe it did more harm, and not only to
you but to all shelters/shelter operators, than it did good.  And judging
by the flurry of posts by shelters thanking their volunteers, it would
seem I was not alone in my thinking.  In any case, I understood that this
poster was not necessarily representing you or your shelter.  I'm not
sure if everyone reading did though, so I suppose your response was
warranted.

That aside, I think your idea for a separate shelter building is
wonderful, though it doesn't appear to be a very well thought out or
very well planned idea.  It would seem you've put many carts before your
horse, so to speak.  Perhaps I'm missing something or misunderstanding
but it seems the entire idea is riding on the goodwill of others.  Is it
your intent to have the project financially funded entirely by donations?
And if so, how do you plan to fund the "care or day to day needs of the
shelter" aftrwards?  Do you intend to do this all on donations as well?
And what about the actual running of the place, are you counting on
volunteers for this as well?  If so, do you really think this is a
feasible idea, especially considering that you're already having such
great difficulty finding support (both financially and physically, in
the form of volunteers) running the operation from your home?

Again, I do sincerely think your idea is wonderful (at least in theory).
However, I'm very confused as to how you plan to make it work.

Karen McCabe
http://www.cinnamonsprite.net