From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:35:31 -0400
>just had to ask... am I alone in being terrified and disturbed by the
>apparent fact that an overwhelming majority of the people keeping ferrets
>seem to have no business doing so?  Am I just getting the percentages
>wrong?

You have a reason to be sad here, as well as a reason to be very happy.

First, the sad part: like most everything else, you are correct in assuming
that a large number of innocent little fuzzbuttss will live in sub-standard
living conditions, be mistreated, abused, abandoned and just plain ignored.
However, this is not just true about ferrets.  It also happens to innocent
human children, almost any type of pet you can imagine, senior citizens,
even those with mental and physical handicaps.  Human nature tends to shun
things that do not "pay" for themselves in some manner or other.

However, you also have reason to smile! :)  You actually *care* that there
are fuzzbutts out there that aren't getting the best of care!  It shows
that you are among the very small percentage of people (most of the FML
denizens included!) that care about something other than themselves.  It
shows that you have potential for developing something sustaining and
worthwhile in the future.  It shows you actually give a damn about those
(human *and* animal!) around you.  It makes you one of the better people
on this earth! :)

Todd and the (You *go*, Otter Driver!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
"users.success.net/toddl/"